Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S ; M.D (Psychiatry and Deaddiction), MS. Health Informatics
4079050

What is your opinion about my fear and panic about walking

What is your opinion about my fear and panic about walking alone across open spaces like across the parking lot lane to the door?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 5 years ago.
Hello

Since when this is happening to you?

Are you also suffering from any other medical / psychiatric disorder or have suffered in past?

Currently taking any medicines?

What exactly happens when you attempt to walk alone at such places?

Have you totally stopped going at such places?

Thanks

Vikas
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It happens for a few days then I came overcome it and won't happen for weeks then it will happen again. I have experienced panic attacks when I drive so I am taking Fluoxetine for that. I have no psychiatric disorders. When I am walking in an open space I panic and feel like I have to stop or perhaps fall down, I can wait until somebody else comes out of a store and follow them. Sometimes I have asked a stranger to walk next to me until I reach my car. I have not stopped going or else I could not come to work everyday.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello, are you there Doctor?
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your reply.

What you are experiencing is nothing but a typical example of situationally predisposed panic attacks. These panic attack may or may not occur when a patient is exposed to a specific trigger which in your case is walking alone across open spaces.

You can ask your doctor to slightly increase the dose of Fluoxetine if possible ( dose range is 20 - 60 mg per day) and this should help in controlling these panic attacks.

Best wishes,

Vikas

Please feel free to ask if you need clarification/more information. Kindly click the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON if you are satisfied with the answer. POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS are warmly appreciated