How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17815
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I get an itchy anus, usually after bowel movement or if i get

Customer Question

I get an itchy anus, usually after bowel movement or if i get hot in that area.My Doctor has prescribed many different creams and the most effective was Lotriderm. The problem goes away for weeks or months and then returns. Recently whilst on Holiday in a hot climate I felt the itch on my Penis near the head and I am Circumsized. Could this be Balanitis, Pin Worm or something else and could you advise what it may be an treatment please
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.

How long the penis is itching?

Any test or treatment taken?

Is there any rash?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The itching started on my Penis when abroad in a hot climate about 4 weeks ago.


No tests taken but a Pharmacists abroad gave me quadriderm cream and just in case it was an infection a course on antibiotics


It did get better but the prblem came back about a week after my return from abroad


There is no visible rash. No discharge. the tickling sensation is not painful and i do not feel the need to scratch my penis. It is just irritating.


Please reply today if possible


Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 5 years ago.
Is there any discharge from the penis?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No Discharge and no problem urinating.


I yhink it is Fungal Infection of some kind but I want advice on best treatment to get rid of it ?

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the information,
There can be a few possibilities.

This can be due to a fungal infection.

An allergy is also possible.

Sometimes prostate inflammation can cause a sensation in penis.

I feel you need to get an examination by doctor.

The antifungal treatment can be local like clotrimazole, miconazole, terbinafine or oral fluconazole etc.

It may need long treatment.

I hope this information helps.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Best wishes.