How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Susan Ivy Your Own Question
Susan Ivy
Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 4058
Experience:  BSN, MSN, CNS
Type Your Health Question Here...
Susan Ivy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I find a doctor that will perscribe Percocet

Customer Question

How can I find a doctor that will perscribe Percocet
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Susan Ivy replied 5 years ago.
I am sorry to hear of your unrelieved pain.
Unfortunately, this medication (Percocet) cannot be prescribed without in person physician evaluation (Thus, none of the physicians at JustAnswer can prescribe you this medication)
But, if the medication that you are using is not helping with your pain, your first step would be to discuss this with your current physician. Typically if your pain is keeping you from performing your daily activities, other pain control medications will be added to your regimen. I believe you are currently taking Mobic which is a non steroidal anti-inflammatory. This class of medication works in a different way to relieve pain than an opiate medication such as Percocet. It can take some weeks before the full effect is reached. If you are finding that your pain is not resolving, discuss this with your physician. You may want to see what other suggestions he has for you. He or she may feel the next step is to add another medication to your regimen.
If you find that your physician's suggestions for pain control are not adequate, you can obtain a second opinion.
Please understand that there is no list of doctors that will prescribe this medication, because all physicians are ethically bound to evaluate each patient individually.
If you decide to get a second opinion, you may want to check with your insurance carrier to see who they recommend. Otherwise, you may go to this link to find physicians in your area. See:
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have six years of college. If you think I do not already know what you just said...well.

I have taken Percocet with a doctors perscription while in Las Vegas. Only what was perscribed. That was two years ago.

Now I am in the Norristown, Pa. area and the pain has come back because of a sedentary lifestyle combined with caring for a Ninety year old mother.

If this is your advice, I'd like my money back.


Expert:  Susan Ivy replied 5 years ago.
These are the facts. Since no one else had offered you this information, I gave you the answer you requested.
I expected you would not be happy with the answer.
Of course I will send your request to customer service for a refund.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other. SECOND TIME THIS MORNING! I am looking for a doctor who will examine me and not have an avercion to perscribing Percocet. I took all the tests and MRI'S in LasVegas and was given Percocet.That was two years ago.I have not had one since and have pissed in Doctors containers. I just wrote to my Last Nurse the same thing I am stating here but it would not mail. If you can not find me a Doctor I would like my money back. XXXX XXXXX