How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Singh Your Own Question
Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 6496
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Singh is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dear Dr, At the very top of my buttocks crack I have a small

Resolved Question:

Dear Dr,
At the very top of my buttocks crack I have a small indentation right above where the crack begins. I have always had this. Recently I have SEVERE itching (and susequent pain from scratching) that begins in that area then spreads about 1- 3 inches in all directions. It does not affect my anus at all. There are small bumps and redness in the areas that itch and is now bleeding some from the scratching. It seems to be always moist even when I dry it continuosly. Just touching it with a soft towel creates an INTENSE desire to scratch. And I do, lightly, most of the time. I have used, neosporin (just a little b/c I have a sever sulfa allergy), Gold Bond powder mixed with vaseline, extra strenght gold bond cream, metronidazole and another prescription cream I used for a yeast infection a few months ago (cortisone steroid??). Vaseline seems to work best actually, with a small amount of the gold bond mixed in and 2 benadryl. What is this? How do I get rid of it? I have had it before (maybe a year or two ago) but it has never been this seriously itchy and painful. It burns to run water on it or wash it lighty with very mild soap.
Should I see a dermatologist or proctologist?
Please advise
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 5 years ago.
Dr. Singh :


Dr. Singh :

Initially you can see your primary physician regarding this. A rectal exam with physical inspection and possible hemoccult test may be necessary. Depending on what is found, they can make the proper referral for you. Likely causes of this can be excessive dry skin, hemorrhoids, infection, fistula, etc. Treatment for this will vary depending on what it is.

Dr. Singh and 5 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dear Dr,

I apologize--I responded before I read your answer and I think I may have messed up trying to ask a follow up Question.

While I try to find time to see a Dr what can I for the itchignasde from what I am already doing? I work as a public defender and I have very very little time to go see a Dr. I need help.

Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 5 years ago.
I recommend that you try Preparation H Cream. If this does not work you can try Hydrocortisone to help with itching. Further, keep the area clean and dry. Using gentle soaps.