How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CamilleRN Your Own Question
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 4183
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
Type Your Health Question Here...
CamilleRN is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Low grade swelling-- Had a cavity filled about a year ago

Resolved Question:

Low grade facial swelling-- Had a cavity filled about a year ago and when the doctor used a lidocaine (without the ep) I think he got too close to a nerve. I had significant swelling for a couple of weeks and noticed when I burnt my tongue a couple months later on hot coffee my tongue did not feel the burn for 20 minutes after consuming the coffee. Sometimes when I floss (which is not often) I feel a dull ache in my jaw where he filled the tooth. I have been experiencing for the last 2 months some hormonal ache on the side of that face, I got an under the skin cyst and noticed my face was swelled from what I thought was the acne bump, but I still feel a low grade dull ache upon eating sweets on that side and flossing. The swelling is slight, but I can tell when I look in the mirror that the area of my lower lip and cheek area are protruded a bit. Does this sound like I need to go back to the dentist? Thanks
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question, I am a verified Expert and am happy to help you. It sounds to me like the first place to go is to your Dentist to make sure that there isn't an underlying dental issue that may need attention, if not, then you would want to see your Doctor for an examination to try to find the cause as well as a solution to the swelling and lack of sensation you have been experiencing. I hope this information helps, please let me know if I can help you further:-)
CamilleRN and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you