Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I have rash at the roots of my eyelashes. like the heads we

Customer Question
I have rash at the...
I have rash at the roots of my eyelashes. like the white heads we get on our chins. Its really painfull and makes me pluck out my eyebrows.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/11/2012
Health Professional: Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD) replied 5 years ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
What ointment did you use? Are these small white raised bumps?

damn, i forgot what it was called. I left the box at the other house. its similar to that but its not really visible because when i ask friend to check it out they say they cant see anything or that its normal. But its very itchy, n if i use my nail to scratch it feel huge and hard.

I did some research on the net and it came down to some sort of fungus?? Let me try remember the name

these are directly at the base of the eyelids?
that is exactly where it is.at the roots of my eyelases in the outter corner
Was the ointment either a cortisone based one or an antibiotic?

The 1st one was a cortisone, my GP prescribed an anibiotic this time round, i have not yet bought it. The prescription is at school. i could get it in the morning for you?

Do i not have fungus though? for my eyelashes to be so itchy n easily coming off?

One last question--any problem with your hair or the skin of your body outside the eye area?

come to think of it, a while back i was reading up on Folliculitis, and it really felt like that is what i had as a scalp condition. My hair started falling off and i even thought i lacked iron. then i started shaving my hair of because of that. Sometimes the bumps are red. I resorted to tea tree oil for the scalp, but i reckon i need something that will read the root of the problem.

I often get itchy skin and my mom thinks its diabetes. the tests come out fine. I also suffer from rhinitus

You've been checked for thyroid problems and vitamin deficiencies?

i have been to the hospital twice due to antibiotics that caused my left side to not function well.

They ran lots of blood tests and when i asked the nurses if there are any chronic conditions they said no. they checked those qbove aswell. This was when i was really worried about my weight; My iron was fine aswell;

Should i go get tested again? what do you think is the problem?

Those areas could be the problem, and the eye thing could be follicultis but antibiotics should treat that. This could be a fungal problem, and Lotrimin cream three times a day may take care of that.

I agree i have a fungal problem. I have that fungus between nail bed and skin. I took oral medication for that. 3 week taken every 3weeks, but there was no change. Trisporozone or something like that. And i assumed it would also help with the eye.

I will go to the pharmacy tomorrow with the doctors prescription and alsio ask for Lotrimin cream

It may take oral fluconazole or ketoconazole if that doesn't help.

It was the one more expensive than ketoconazole as the doctor said that its more harmful

Not the first line choice, but appropriate if the Lamisil were ineffective.
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)