Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

I have been having burning in the genital/pubic area for

Hi Doc
I have been having burning in the genital/pubic area for awhile. I was tested, by blood (Igg/igm) for herpes came back negative 4 months after my last sexual act. The burning right now is on the underside of my penis. It is not red, there is not any bumps. I masturbated when my hands where dirty from the gym, maybe that caused it. What are your thoughts.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 5 years ago.
Likely causes of your symptoms are STDs (not just herpes, but others such as chlamydia), urinary tract infection, poor hygiene. I recommend that you do see your doctor to be tested for the other STDs and to have your urine tested. Also keeping it clean and dry , wearing loose undergarments, is recommended.

If you have any further questions, please ask. If not, please click accept.
Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Forgot ot mention doc i was tested for all stds too along with herpees all negative. I too the blood test 4m onths after my last sex activity is that long enough to get a correct result in the test?
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 5 years ago.
Some STDs may need to be retested up to 6 months after the last exposure.
A urine test is still warranted to rule out urinary tract infection.

Regards