Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

I got fever-like symptoms after a sexual exposure with an escort

I got fever-like symptoms after a sexual exposure with an escort about 3 weeks ago. The symptoms went away after about 10 days.

I went to my physician and he lowered my risks of any STDs as I usually have safe sex with women (not men) and don't do oral sex. My major concern was that I had several sex partners in the last 6 months. The doctor draw blood and I tested negative for HIV, Hepatitis, and syphilis (RPR).

This week I started to get one razor bump around the edge of my lips. It's going away by applying a moisturizer everyday. In the mean time, I am feeling some pain around the rectum/anus area. It is not very painful but I can tell something might be going on. I did touch the area and didn't find any kind of warts of bumps in the area.

I am so worried now about being infected with HPV or HSV1/2.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 5 years ago.
Symptoms three weeks after an encounter are too early for HIV manifestations. However, given your sexual behavior with multiple partners, you are at risk of acquiring STDs. HPV would manifest in warts, which it seems you do not have. HSV can present with early signs of just pain alone and is worth looking into. You can have blood tests done for this by your regular doctor. Should you develop any lesions/bumps then you definitely need to be seen and tested for both HPV and HSV.

If you have any additional questions please ask. If no further questions, please click accept.
Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your reply.

I will get tested for HSV 1/2 . My doctor said there's no way to test for HPV. Is that correct ?

Please advise.
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 5 years ago.
You are welcome.

Your doctor is correct at this time there is no test to test for HPV in men. The diagnosis is made clinically (in other words by your doctor visualizing the lesions and making the diagnosis).

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks a lot.

Could such symptoms be related to HSV1 or HSV2 ? I heard the symptoms might be the same.

Thanks again.
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 5 years ago.
That is true of HSV. They may present with flu like symptoms. Particularly HSV1, but now there are more cases of that being true with HSV 2 as well.

Regards