How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Anil Your Own Question
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 9522
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Anil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have small red dots on the tip of my penis and along one

Resolved Question:

I have small red dots on the tip of my penis and along one side of the shaft. Some of the dots actually have skin ontop of it like I scrapped it or something. I recently was kinda rough in bed with a girl who was very wet. Could it be an std or just like friction burns?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to and thanks for your question.
Any associated pain,itching on affected area?
Any history of unprotected sex?
Since how long have you been suffering from?
Any associated penile discharge?
And are they present on the fore skin?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No pain or itching. I am not circumsized and they are present on the tip of my penis. They are about the size of a pin head. Yes I had unprotected sex. They have been th ere for 3 days now. There is no extra penile discharge.
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 5 years ago.
Well these spots can be due to rupture of small capillaries in the tip of the penis.

This happens due to forceful intercourse, which causes tiny blood vessels in the tip of the penis to rupture, causing these red dots.
However Herpes genitalis can also present as scattered red dots on the glans penis. These usually appear 2-7 days after unprotected sexual intercourse.

So you need to be seen by your regular doctor or visit GUM clinic for a clinical examination for further evaluation and management.
I hope this helps.
If you have any further query then feel free to ask.
Dr. Anil and 4 other Health Specialists are ready to help you