Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

I have a small lump under my skin directly on my right

I have a small lump under my skin directly on my right bicep. It is less than 1 cm. in diameter and is about 10 cm. above my elbow. If I put my elbow directly down, let's call the downwards direct 0 degrees, the bump would be at approximately 170 degrees. It doesn't hurt and is barely noticeable only by feel. Do you have any idea what it might be?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 5 years ago.
What you are describing is likely either a lipoma or cyst. Nothing to worry about. I do recommend that you keep an eye on it, should it start to increase in size or change in shape or color, become painful, start draining, etc. then you should see your regular doctor and have it examined.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask. If no further questions, please click accept.
Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Just to clarify, will this likely go away/heal at any time, or should I expect this to be there perminently?
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 5 years ago.
If it is a cyst it will go away. A lipoma may not. But it shouldn't change too much from what it is now. If it starts to change, that is when you need to see someone for it.

If you have any further questions please ask. If no further questions, please click accept.
Regards