Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

Hi I am married and 29 years old. I have normal periods but

Hi I am married and 29 years old. I have normal periods but after my 25th birthday my bleeding become light and since last year I have bleeding only for two days in my period. whats the reason. I dont have any child.
Did you start any birth control at that time? Any change in diet or weight? Were your periods regular in the sense that they occurred every month?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ya my periods are normal. and I did have a diet 3 years ago and i lost 30 pound weight now I have again gain weight. and I used birth control tablets for two months that was 2009. I always do experiments with my diet Sometimes I do high protein diet sometimes I do low fat diet but nowadays I am not on diet. Thank You
Ok. Hormonal changes that occur over time/age can change your menstrual cycle. Certainly the weight loss does make some alterations in your hormones as does taking birth control pills. The fact that you continued to have a monthly period (albeit it be lighter) indicates normal menstruation and is not a cause for concern.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask. If no further questions, please click accept.
Regards
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience: MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
Hi--while this could be a hormone problem, to be more specific it could be a thyroid disorder, an adrenal gland disorder, or a pituitary disorder, as well as stress. You need to discuss these possibilities with either a gynecologist or an endocinologist and have blood work and an MRI of the brain to see if there is a specific hormonal problem.