DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

I have a small rash on the right side of my groin-- Next to

Customer Question

I have a small rash on the right side of my groin-- Next to my testicles on the crease between my thigh and groin. It appears to have a few shallow erosions which have gotten slightly worse over the last 3 days or so. I was originally putting nivea and then polysporin but that was making it worse. I started to use corn starch and that provided some relief. Although it doesn't seem serious i'm still very worried. Is it possible that it could be sexually transmitted?
Category: Health
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
Hello
It is likely to be fungal and polysporin is not for fungus.
it needs chlotrimazole.
It does not sound like an STD
Herpes is small painful blisters that break open.
If you see anything like this have it swabbed.
good luck

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Also, the rash is only an inch or so in lengh... is that typical of such a condition? wouldn't it spread more?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
It would spread if you leave it alone and do nothing.
Herpes would not necessarily spread at all.
good luck

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

ok. because this has only been about the 3rd or 4rth day. This started off when I wore an extremely uncomfortable pair of pants... the pockets were rubbing against me and it felt very uncomfortable. Could it be that some bacteria or sweat coupled with that is what caused the rash?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
No it would be more likely fungus as I said above.
Good luck