Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

I HAD TWO TOTAL HIP REPLACEMENTS IN 2010. FOR ME VERY EASY

I HAD TWO TOTAL HIP REPLACEMENTS IN 2010. FOR ME VERY EASY RECOVERY. I AM NOW FACING ONE TOTAL KNEE REPLACEMENT AND I AM VERY SCARED BECAUSE EVERYONE IS TELLING ME HOW PAINFUL IT WILL BE. IS THAT TRUE? AND WHY IS IT SO MUCH WORSE THEN HIP. I AM 57 YRS OLD.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 5 years ago.
A knee replacement though a different joint is not much different than a hip surgery in terms of pain and recovery. The fact that you had two successful hip replacement surgeries is very reassuring. A knee surgery will not be much different. I would not worry.

if you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask. If no further questions, please click accept.
Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
REALLY! THAT IS GREAT NEWS. I WENT BACK TO WORK A WEEK AFTER EACH HIP. I HOPE I'LL BE THAT GOOD AGAIN.
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 5 years ago.
That is a very fast recovery time. For the knee it may be the same time period for recovery, but don't be alarmed if it takes a few more weeks (as that is normally how long it takes for most patients).

Regards