Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Chip. i am writing to u again, even though i had my first

Customer Question

hello dr chip. i am writing to u again, even though i had my first session in thearpy i have along way to go , because my fears and anxiety is so sever so i need ur help to get me through now please with my question. so now i have a fear that i have cancer. its either colon, pancreatic, esofegal, or stomach. just last monthy i had battery of blood work i wasnt anemic. last year i had spasms in my stomach they did ultrasound of my stomach but mainly pancrea it was fine. my fear is mainly because i lost some weight without doing much all i do i stop eating after five pm. i guess the burping and indigestion scare me . and when i watch medical shows even thogh the risk factors for those cancer over 50 there r some cases when it happens early and i again in a pa
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
Hi--why exactly do you think you may have one of those particular cancers?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
bacause of my stomach problems like acid burping and a little weight loss maybe 5 lb
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
Do you know the usual symptoms of the cancers you mentioned?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i know some i watched the dr oz show and it scares me because a lot of times it starst from acid but i cann ot go and do all this envasive tests to check for every tipe of cancer even thogh i prob would be happy to do it and because i am not sure it scares me
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
You must have misunderstood what you saw because your symptoms are not common for any of those. How can I reassure you about this?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i guess if u tell me more about those cancers that i wrote . and is it normal to feel burning burping after eating or even if i didnt eat
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
Remind me--have you taken anything like Zantac or Pepcid AC for that?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i will be honest i was prescribed prevacid but i have yet take one i dont know why
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
Well, you probably have GERD or gastric reflux and that's not related to cancer. And the cancers you mentioned don't cause weight loss until they are far advanced and there would be other symptoms, none of which you have.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
if its not too hard can u tell me more in details about them i do also have back pain. and also if last month i had a lot of blood work if i had something bad would it show something
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
OK--what exactly do you want to know about those cancers?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
who they happen to when do i need to do ant tests for them does my age no smoking or drinking play in my favor and what r the symptoms. i am sure people my age dont think about that stuff but i am a little different
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
They generally happen to older individuals--people in their 50's or older, but, of course, there's always exceptions to any rule. If you would have upper and lower endoscopy and a ct scan of the abdomen that that was all normal, that would rule out all of these cancers. Symptoms can be vague--abdominal pain, abdominal swelling, thin diameter bowel movements.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i dont have those symptoms and do u think i need to do those tests now
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
I'm glad you said that, because I agree and I don't think you have cancer.