How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 32735
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm nay (35 year old) from indonesia but my engglish is not

Resolved Question:

hi doctor, i'm nay (35 year old) from indonesia but my engglish is not very good, hope yo can understand my words. I have vaginitis recurrently and often. my laboratory report (clinical microbiology lab) just like this : amoxicillin-ampicilin-ceftazidime-cefpirome-cefoprazone/sulbactam-aztreonam-imipenemfosfomycin-cefocitin-ampicilin-cefotaxime-piperacilin/tazobactam-meropenem-chlorampenicol-sulfamethoxazole : RESISANT ; Ten levofloxacin-tetracycline-linezolid-ciprofloxacin-gentamicin-azithromycin-vancomycin : SUSCEPTIBLE . The organism is staphylococcus epidermidis and the comment (diagnos maybe?) MRSE MAY HAVE NO CLINICAL RELEVANCE. i'm very scared of this. DOC, could you give me some advices to cure or treat my vaginitis? is it contagious to my husband? Thanks very much doct....
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
Hi--are you going to get some antibiotics for this?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
Are you worried that the problem can't be cured with antibiotics?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
but I'm also worried that the antibiotics that can cure my vaginitis or MRSE can be resistant too and its become worst to me
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
Why do you think it's MRSA?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
its the comment from the laboratory, and what do you think doc?please dont give me any question more, you the expert and im not rich,,,
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
OK. The report doesn't say you have MRSA. If you obtain the appropriate antibiotics that should cure the problem. This isn't something that is contagious for your husband.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The laboratory said its MRSE not MRSA,,, doc, is it the same infection or not?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
MRSE and MRSA are both types of staphylococcus. What the report is saying is that this isn't an infection involving either one.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What should I do to make it sure that is not MRSE? Any laboratory test for MRSE? I often get leucchorea from the vaginitis, does it need to take antibiotics to cure it, and what kind of antibiotics do you suggest (please see my clinical microbiology lab report)? Is it ok to have vaginal douche when I got leucchorea? What kind of vaginal douche that is good? Do you ever heard abaout vaginal ozone? Is it good to dismiss the leucchorea?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
From what you posted, Cipro should be an appropriate antibiotic and it should treat the leukorrhea. It isn't necessary to determine if it's MRSE--as long as an antibiotic to which the organism is susceptible is prescribed, that should eradicate the infection. The douche is OK but it won't treat the infection. Vinegar and water is a good douche. Vaginal ozone therapy would have no place in this situation.
Dr. Chip and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you