How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 32228
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have pain in my midriff at night which travels to my

Resolved Question:

I have pain in my midriff at night which travels to my breast and back. I would appreciate a response. Thank you
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
Hi--is this only when you're lying down? Are you saying it also radiates to your back?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Usually when I'm sitting down and continues while standing and lying down. It does radiate to my back.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
How long has this been going on and what other medical conditions do you have?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It has been going on for about two weeks. I have no other conditions that I know of.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
On last question--is this mostly a burning like pain that runs up the middle from the abdomen toward your throat?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no - not throat. It starts in the middle of my midriff and goes to my breasts and back and sometimes under the arm.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
OK. I can't easily give you just one possibility here, but, of course, your heart is the primary focus and I can't say that this isn't cardiac. Other possibilities are gastric reflux and, considering the back involvement, perhaps a penetrating peptic ulcer. Gall bladder is a distant consideration since the problem isn't mostly on the right side. I strongly suggest you see a doctor as soon as possible for an evaluation, blood work, EKG and chest x-ray to determine exactly what's going on.
Dr. Chip and other Health Specialists are ready to help you