DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

I just went on Medicare on 10/1. There is some confusion

I just went on Medicare on 10/1. There is some confusion where I need to go to Lab Corp or Quest Diagnositics for a blood test in the State of New Jersey (Jersey City). Also have Blue Cross/Shield of NJ as a secondary... My blood work is about $1200 and too late to call medicare
Category: Health
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
Hello
Either lab should be able to bill Medicare, as long as the doctors order and codes are correct.
Medicare is not state dependent.

good luck

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.