Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate
18703594

Do painful wisdom teeth affect surrounding teeth???

Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
They could affect surround teeth if the wisdom teeth have an infection associated with it, or that the wisdom teeth positioning is causing the other near by teeth to be more mispositioned.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you...:(;( took two excedrin extra strength gell caps... Ok to take 3???
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
Depends on the dosage of the Excedrin - usually 3 every 6 hours is still an acceptable amount to take.
I hope this helps, please click on ACCEPT, thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It doesn't say what the dose is...just extra strength express gels. 250 mg ancetamitophen 250 mg aspirin 65 mg caffeine
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I've had 1 dose this morning (2 pills). Been about 7 hours. Just took two more but this really hurts.. Seeing the oral surgeon tomorrow.. Still wanna take a 3rd.. Is wisdom tooth pain usually this bad???
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
you can take 2 to 3 more pills now.
OH YES, wisdom tooth pain can be really bad.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Omg this sucks..... :(:(:( I wanna cry:(:(:( I'll try a 3rd one soon.. Give this a chance to settle in.. It's only been about 15 /20 min...
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
This sounds like you have an abscess or possibly an infected root - so removing the tooth will prove the best option for you and take away the pain.And, you do not need your wisdom tooth, so I would advise on removing it.
I hope i have been helpful, please click on ACCEPT, thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Omg i want this out asap... I have several coming out.. just i wasnt planning on doing it so soon..i saw my dentist last week..who reffered me to the oral surgeon.. who i wasnt supposed to see till next week.. but they are upping my appointment to tomorrow...Theres no puss or redness to the area that i can see... nothing swollen either..
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
Probably an infected root - and once this is pulled you should be fine.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you.. they say on the excedrin bottle not to take over 8 per day.. if I take a 3rd one im up to 5.. im weary about taking more.. but i feel like i might need it... so it really is ok to take another if i need to???? Like I dont take medication unless i need to.. and apparently this is necessary...
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
Well about the only thing you need to know about is the acetominophen dosage and you can take 1000mg at a time with the Excedrin.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok so thats a yes??? (im sorry..kinda fighting a panic thing here with all this...)
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
Okay - relax - Please click on ACCEPT, thank you