DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT EUVITIS - MY GRANDAUGHTER HAS BEEN

CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT EUVITIS - MY GRANDAUGHTER HAS BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH THIS AND IS ON METHOTREXATE JUST WANT SOME INFO
THANKS
Category: Health
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
Hello
which condition?
I think there is a spelling error here
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

She has Hashimotos Thyroidism and on meds -- doing ok with that so far

Then awhile later her eyes started bothering her. Dr said it was euvitis (spelling?)She was given steroid type eye drops that did not work. Then she was put on methotrexate. At her last exam this week there has been no change. I do not know what the next step is as yet.

I just want some info about it her parents are on top of things as well as they can be.

They have taken her to Boston Children Hosp, various specialists in their area (Red Hook,New York) as well as the childrens hospital in NYC and the Alternative Center in Lennox, Ma

Without bothering them with questions I thought you may be able to give me some info.

Thank you

Carolyn *****@******.***

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
Uveitis
An inflammation inside the eye.
Usually the cause is unknown, unfortunately, but it can be part of auto-immune disease, and she has this with her hashimotos.
I would suggest they follow up immediately with the docs and request an oral prednisone course and taper,,,,which can be done with the methotrexate, and get a better effects.

Sometimes steroid injections into the eye can be done.

Rarely, surgery is needed.

good luck

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.