Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Trimix works to give me an erection every time. I am a

Trimix works to give me an erection every time. I am a prostate cancer survivor. But, I experience numbness/lack of sensitivity every time, even though I have a satisfactory erection, I can't really enjoy it during intercourse. Is there anything I can try to address this problem?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
Hi--is the lack of sensitivity there without an erection?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No. I have no lack of sensitivity normally. I also don't get a lack of sensitivity with Viagra, Levitra or Cialis, but they don't produce an erection. With the injection, I get the erection, but a lack of sensitivity.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
Lack of sensitivity in that you can't have an orgasm?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Correct. I can't have an orgasm if I use the Trimix, but I can easily do so without it (orally).
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
without it you don't have much in the way of an erection? Is that the only injectable that's been tried?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Right. Only the shot works to produce an erection...none of the pills do, even at higher doses (like 40 mg. of Levitra or 100 mg. of Viagra.)

I have not tried any other injectables.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
Have you had any studies to see if there's a problem with the nerves as in perhaps your spine?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No. I'm inclined to think the nerves are fine and that one of the Trimix ingredients is the problem, but that's just a guess on my part. If it is a nerve problem, what would I be able to do about that?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
Well--on more question. How soon after the injection does the numbness begin and is it only present while there's a full erection?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I don't really feel any numbness after the injection. It's just that during intercourse, I can't feel anything much. It's almost like wearing two condoms at once or that kind of lack of sensitivity, rather than numbness. But again, without the shot, I have normal sensitivity, just no ability to have an erection.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
OK. I think that if the papaverine were eliminated from the injection mix, that might solve the problem. Of the three ingredients, that's the one I would suspect may be the culprit.