How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Singh Your Own Question
Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 6496
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Singh is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What OTC product can be used to relieve an 18-month baby's

Customer Question

what OTC product can be used to relieve an 18-month baby's constpation?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 5 years ago.
Acute constipation in children can be treated by a change in diet, in other words creating a diet high in fiber (cereals, fruits, vegetables) and high fluid intake. Sorbitol can also be tried. However if your child is having recurrent constipation, then you need to take him/her to the pediatrician.

If you have any questions, please ask. If no additional question, please click accept.