Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I need a Over the counter Topical Medication to Deadion a

Customer Question
I need a Over the...

I need a Over the counter Topical Medication to Deadion a Lesion; what do you suggest, In the beginning the lesion was the size of a Silver Dollar RED, now it is not infected but the size of a Nickle. I have been using PRID ointment. is there any oinment to get rid of the remaing Lesion? or is there a Topical Medication I

can buy over the counter?

Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Health
11/26/2011
Health Professional: Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD) replied 6 years ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Can you first describe the lesion more completely please? And where is it located?
Lumbar area; it is not infected anymore but the size of a nickle. It is in the epadureral skin area. I have been takin hot Baths also. Daily after draining my wife put on a Nateral Drawing ointment called PRID. The center area where she has been working is Drained; but the area arrond this has more pus and needs to be opened up?
Relist: Other.
I have Recieved no answer from the Doctor, what is your Opinion and what Pharmacy can I get it from?
Health Professional: CamilleRN, Nurse (RN) replied 6 years ago
CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Hi, Dr. Chip is likely busy in surgery, I would be happy to help you. Was this originally a cyst? A Boil? What started the lesion? What did it look like before it opened? Was it surgically drained?
A Cysts, my wife who is a Medical Assist drained the inside Pus; puky brown color. The inside of the Cyst is DRAINED. But the outside edges need to be opened up; because there is fluid there, what topical Medication can be used to deaden the pain to open it up. It is a epadurall Lesion.
I understand that your wife is a Medical Assistant, but this kind of situation really, REALLY requires the expertise of a Physician who will examine the area, surgically debride the area that needs to be removed, cleanse the wound, pack the wound, and most likely order oral antibiotics....anything less could result in serious consequences.

My WIFE each time has cleansed the wound each time she opens and Drains it out; What kind of antibotics can we purchase over the counter to dry anthing up?

There really are no over the counter antibiotics available that will be effective.... you need something like Mupricin, which is prescription only. You can have this looked at in a walk in clinic and will be able to get the antibiotics you need.
CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)

I understand; but to let you understand 85% of the Lesion is GONE, I can purchase this in a cream 2% or 2% ointment. I have Medicare A but not B; I normally go through the VA in Phoenix AZ but I live 1 Hour away frpm them. If its okay to get this Medication.

How long should it be applied. If this strength is not strong enough what strength should be applied?

I will go to my local Pharmacy not Wallmart but walgreens, please answer my above Question
I asked a simple question you haven't answered.
CamilleRN
CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)