Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have passed out a few times over the past couple

Customer Question
weeks.After the first time I...
I have passed out a few times over the past couple weeks.After the first time I had slurred speech and was stuttering, but that stopped after three days and hasn't returned. My mri was normal and my eeg was normal. I will feel fine one day and completely lightheaded and dizzy then next. The past few days I have started having hallucinations as well. Whenever I do pass out, its just for a few seconds and when I come to my muscles are extremely weak and I can't stand up for a few minutes.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Health
11/21/2011
Health Professional: Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD) replied 6 years ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Are you saying you actually faint, or is it that you just lose track of time and events for a few seconds? What kind of hallucinations, and have you seen any specialists about all this?
I actually faint, as in fall down and lose consciousness. The hallucinations are just totally random (I spent a few minutes trying to catch a cat in my apartment that wasn't there). I've seen my primary doctor and a neurologist but they don't have any answers.
Were you checked for anemia? Did the neurologist have absolutely nothing to say about this?
I have been checked for anemia. The neurologist did an eeg but never called about it.
you don't know the results? What did the neurologist say when he saw you?
I'm assuming it was normal since she never called. I didn't like the neurologist very much which is why I'm hesitant to keep seeing more doctors. All she said was that the only thing it could be is some sort of seizure, but she would have had to call if it was abnormal. Then she said I'm probably just anorexic, which is definitely not true.
Has anybody been with you when one of these happened, and, if so, what did they say happened?
My friends were with me the first time and my sister the second. They all said I told them I felt funny a few minutes before and then just passed out. Like I said, the first time I was disoriented and had slurred/stuttered speech, but that hasn't happened again
Ok. All I can do here is give you my thoughts on what's going on here--will that be enough?
As long as they're somewhat helpful
Well, the hallucinations and the fainting or near fainting sound like a type of temporal lobe or psychomotor seizure. It may take a more specialized EEG to evaluate for that. I really can't think of a cluster of symptoms as you describe them that fit any other diagnosis.
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)