Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

I have a very small painless bump on the inside of my left

I have a very small painless bump on the inside of my left nostril beside the septum. I have only noticed it in the last month. I have had sinusitis occasionally in the last couple of years but not recently. I had a small cold and laryngitis about a week and a half ago.
I had a full general check up in the last few weeks and apart from an overactive thyroid gland, my results were fine. (I forgot about the bump in the nose at the time of the general check up and so did not mention it to my gp). I am a female in my mid thirties.
Thank you for your help.

Dr. Singh :

Dr. Singh :

What you most likely have is a nasal polyp. These can occur spontaneously and tend to occur more in patients with sinusitis. I recommend that you see your doctor regarding this if you are having symptoms because of it such as runny nose, persistent stuffiness, decreased smell, pain, post nasal drip. You may require nasal corticosteroids to help treat it. In the meantime you can try nasal lavage with saline. This nasal saline spray can be bought over the counter.

Dr. Singh :

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. If no additional questions, please click accept.

Dr. Singh :

Regards