How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Charles Your Own Question
Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 7192
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Charles is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have severe hip pain that radiates into my groin area down

This answer was rated:

I have severe hip pain that radiates into my groin area down my thigh and into my knee. Is this something that could be a serious condition.
Welcome to the Just Answer Website.I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:

Since how long you have these symptoms?
Have you undergone any tests so far?
Is there any other known medical illness?
Burning/discomfort in urination?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I've had the hip pain for about 2 months. The groin pain has been going on for about a year. Hypertension and anxiety/pain disorder are my other known illness. I also have broad based herniation at L3/4 andL4/L5.


I have buring when urinating but its sporatic. I have noticed lately that when I try to urinate it won't come out unless I arch my back and sit really straight on the toilet

The most common causes of groin pain can be Bursitis (joint inflammation), Hernia,muscle strain,Enlarged lymph glands,Sprains and strains, urinary tract infection,disc herniation,degenerative disease, pinched nerve.Dysfunction of other body parts may also lead to groin pain.This is known as referred pain or radiating pain.Nerve root compression seems to be the most probable cause.

You need x-ray,ultrasound scan,X-rays of hip joint,urine examination,other blood tests tests.So I advice you to go to ER for these tests to know the exact cause & treat accordingly.

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Dr. Charles and 7 other Health Specialists are ready to help you

Related Health Questions