DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

I have a 15 year old son that still wets his bed. Whne he

Customer Question

I have a 15 year old son that still wets his bed. Whne he was qyite young he stoped ansthen after a year or more started up again.....he is a deep sleeper.......now he knows whne he wets and gets up and changes his bed but is not able to get up before. For a long time we atemped to get him up and make a routine happen but nothing came of it.
We try to maks sure he does not drink an hour of so at least befor bed.....doesnt seem to make any diferecne
any ideas........becasue of his age we arecareful to not mke it embaraceing and not make it an issure.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
Hello
What type of doctor has examined him for this?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no one yet
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
OK
He should see an internal medicine doctor
Anatomic problems need to be ruled out...such as small bladder...and he needs an ultrasound for this.
In some cases there can be not enough anti-diuretic hormone and a drug called vasopression can be used to replace this.

If no organic problems are found like this, then he needs to see a urologist to look at bladder functioning, get the correct exercises to correct any problems.

He might instead need a sleep study....as he might have a sleep defect in which he does not wake up to normal stimuli.

These would be the main possibilities other than psychological.....
Time that he was examined.
good luck

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.