How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CamilleRN Your Own Question
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 4183
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
Type Your Health Question Here...
CamilleRN is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a family history of diabeaties grandma died from it

Resolved Question:

I have a long family history of diabeaties grandma died from it my uncle died of it and my dad died with it . When I eat something carb loaded or sugary I crash it knocks me out I dont have health insurance is there a good chance I've got the same?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and I am happy to help you today. Yes, diabetes often runs in yes, it is possible. You really need to see a Doctor so you can be tested for this, as diabetes left untreated can be very serious. In the mean time, make sure to avoid concentrated sweets ( sugar added) and limit your carbs, such as breads, crackers etc. Make sure to exercise daily and drink at at least 8 glasses of water. Here is a link to read more about a diabetic diet: HERE
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I shouldnt be knocked out from eating because that dont seem normal?
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.
if you have a high blood sugar you will feel very tired. SYmptoms of high blood sugar include: Frequent urination, thirst and sleepiness.
CamilleRN and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.
I know this is scary, but today's medicine can help you to live a normal , long life... so please do see your Doctor, If money is a problem, call your local health department to inquire about public health programs that can help you.