Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

I have tingling sensations down the right side of my face

Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.
Greetings,

How long the symptoms are there? How often does it happen? Is there any headache, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, thyroid disease? Is there any other symptom? Was any test done? Are you on any medication? Is there any significant past illness?

Regards.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I had this about 5 years ago and the doctors thought it was stress or a problem with my jaw when I chew- I had blood tests at the time and a CT scan of my brain but all okay. I do have high blood presssure and have not been taking my medication due to dizziness when I do.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

The feeling of tingling sensation in this area can be related to nerve impulses. Anxiety, stress can be a factor. When you have high blood pressure, transient ischemic attack can be a possibility. Though you had normal CT scan and blood tests 5 years ago, still a repeat evaluation should be taken. The other probables are thyroid diseases, diabetes, pinching of a nerve or other nerve diseases. It can be due to low calcium or electrolytes, B12 or other vitamins or use of alcohol, tobacco (if you have any). Massage and application of heat can be done. Take plenty of fluid, fruits, vegetables, Avoid alcohol, tobacco etc. if any. Vitamins, calcium supplement can be taken.

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.