How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Julia Kizhner Your Own Question
Julia Kizhner
Julia Kizhner, Physician Assistant
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 1126
Experience:  7 years experience working in Primary Care as well as Gastroenterology, Sleep Medicine & Weight Loss
Type Your Health Question Here...
Julia Kizhner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In a heated arguement,my partner caused me to have a black

Resolved Question:

In a heated arguement,my partner caused me to have a black eye,will my doctor report the incident?I have become severely anxious and upset,since my children's father & partner of 16yrs,told me he wanted to seperate. I also feel obsessed about him lying & being unfaithful. This week I have reluctantly taken time off,due to what feels like a chest infection. I planned to see my doctor,as I need a sick note for work.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Julia Kizhner replied 5 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

I am sorry you did not get your answer back right away. It seems that your question was misplaced into a wrong category and just now transferred to the health category.

No, your doctor will not report the incident if you don't want the incident reported. You have to actually testify to the police what happened and if you refuse to do it, there is nothing to report.

However, I do think your doctor can help you with your anxiety and depression. This is a very difficult situation to go through and will take a lot of time to heal. You will need support of your family and friends to get through this tough time. In the meantime, your doctor can give you something for anxiety. One of the great medications we use is called Lexapro, it is very beneficial and will help you calm down and see things in a different light. It takes a couple of weeks for the medication to fully kick in your system so don't give up on it after a few days. You can also ask your dr for a prescription for Xanax which is used for severe anxiety and use take it as needed during very stressful moments. Unlike Lexapro, Xanax can cause addiction so it should be used very sporadically and for very short period of time. You might also consider seeing a psychologist (not necessarily a psychiatrist) to just talk your feelings out.

Again, if you do separate (which probably sounds like a good idea given the fact that your partner has not been treating you very well), it will take several months to heal and feel better. You need to stay strong for yourself and your children.

I hope you find this information helpful. Please feel free to follow-up with any other questions you might have.

If you are satisfied with the answer, please do click 'Accept' button so that I may get credit for my work.

Best wishes and good luck,


Julia Kizhner and other Health Specialists are ready to help you