Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

Does hemodialysis clean thc from blood? because I am a hemo

patient waiting for a transplant, and...
does hemodialysis clean thc from blood? because I am a hemo patient waiting for a transplant, and I must be tested randomly for next 5 mos. Texas doesn't condone medicinal weed, but I am having a hard time. I will be able to be tested after oct. 17
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/10/2011
Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Hemodialysis will not clean THC from the blood - detectable levels will remain.
I hope this helps.
Please feel free to ask a followup question if necessary. If not, please click the green 'Accept' button on this page. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback will be highly appreciated.
Will it lower the detection? well what I mean is if I sustain for a week, and receive my treatment for that week will It be less than usual? because im not eating or sleeping, and ive been waiting for this for so long..
I am very sorry to tell you that hemodialysis will remove minerals like urea, potassium, phosphorus and will have minimal effect on the THC level.
You will have to avoid marijuana for at least 2 weeks to have a level low enough in the blood not to be detected. But THC will still be detectable in the hair.
I hope this helps.
its only blood. not urine or hair
THC remains in the blood for only about 7-14 days depending on how heavy a user you are. So if you avoid marijuana for 2 weeks, it would not be detectable. Even after 7 days , the levels should be quite low.
I hope this helps.
Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
thank you very much. very helpful
You are welcome.
Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor