Pauline
Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.
659881

I had a Bronchoscopy on 9/30/11 after a High Resolution CT

Customer Question

I had a Bronchoscopy on 9/30/11 after a High Resolution CT scan with inspiratory/expiratory view. It showed a basicallya normal CT except for an apperance a large pattern of ground glass in the lower lungs. My Doctor didn't call and tell me the results or about the ground glass pattern but he did do the bronch and a biopsy. I was diagnosed with new onset orthostatic hypotension (Sys BP in the low 70's) and Hypoxemia (O2 sats in the low 80's, failed the 6 min walk test) and persistrant Macrocytic anemia). I had a R/L cath the week prior and it showed mild MVR, high PCWP @ 19 and mild Pulm HTN. The Dr said my heartwas kinda stiff/ Any clues as to whats going on? Both the Cardiologist, Pulmonologist, Nephrologist and PCP are at their wits end trying to figure things out. I am on 2L of O2 24/7, can't drive, have lost 24# ***** going from 215 to 183 in 4 months. HELP!!!
Category: Health
Expert:  Pauline replied 5 years ago.
Pauline :

Ground glass appearance is related to thickening of the alveolar wall and can be found in a number of problems.

Pauline :

These include pumonary edema, pulmonary fibrosis, interstitial lung disease but also with some pneumonias.

Pauline :

The results of the biopsy will be very helpful. You may need repeat chest x-rays or CT on a regular basis to keep an eye on this.

Pauline :

Can you list all your current medication, and anything that you have discontinued recently?