How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 64625
Experience:  Practice Director
Type Your Health Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had constant painful back muscle spasms for the past

Resolved Question:

I have had constant painful back muscle spasms for the past 1 1/2 yrs, i've tryed everything i'm in pain management now getting trigger point shots 3 times 35 each time, now i've had 3 epidural shots to w no relief, i need help & can't seem to find any help or answers, hope u can help. I've had x-rays, mri's, cat scans, physical thearpy, massage, acupunture, chiropratic, spinal decompression, pool theapy, don't know what else to do HELP PLZ i can't take the pain anymore, have been & am on all kinds of pain pills, muscle relaxers, nothing works
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
MRI of what
and what is the impression on the report
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
spine had a sofa fall on top of my head & have 2 bulging disc in the therasic area by my shoulder level, but dr's say that's not why i have pain, it's just my muscles r in constant knots
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
Disc disease

Have you seen a PM&R specialist...this is a physical medicine and rehabilitation MD, also called a physiatrist?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Pain is from my neck all the way down to my low back, no pain in arms or legs They sais it's not Fibromyalgia seen medical, chiropractors, & am now in pain management
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
but you have not seen PM&R doc apparently
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No never heard of that kind of Dr. what do they do?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
This is an MD
Full body structural diagnosis
Will give you physical therapy and home exercises tailored to that diagnosis.
Will see your MRI in a different light
Novel traction therapies, etc.
But evidence based.
Often correct what the chiropractor can not.
We also call them physiatrists

A physiatrist is an MD or DO doctor of physical medicine and rehabilitation, who will tailor a physical therapy to you and your tests, and can do the tests, and who will also use novel electronic and traction therapies, and can handle pain control or work with your pain control doctor and your other doctors.
The reason physical therapy often does not help is because it is not individualized.
This doctor will do that as well.
These doctors...physiatrists are oriented to improving the situation to the point that you don't need surgery or medications.

good luck

Let me know if you have further questions

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.

DrRussMD and other Health Specialists are ready to help you

Related Health Questions