How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 65276
Experience:  Practice Director
Type Your Health Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a revision of my gastroesophogeaol stomach. my doctor

This answer was rated:

I need a revision of my gastroesophogeaol stomach. my doctor says I could die if I don't get it. He is referring me to a specialist ASAP. Is that true. Please explain. Thank you much.
if it is letting too much food build up and you are morbidly obese, and there is a risk from this, then if the surgery is not working they will want to revise it.
Unless there is some other complication.
This is not clear if you don't eat.
I would make sure that all other problems are ruled out, and would see an endocrinologist before you have surgery again for weight loss.
good luck

Let me know if you have further questions

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.

DrRussMD and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you