How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr-Camp Your Own Question
Dr-Camp, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 325
Experience:  Naturopathic Doctor specializing in natural therapies and homeopathy.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr-Camp is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there a Doctor whom you can refer for Multiple Chemical

Customer Question

Is there a Doctor whom you can refer for Multiple Chemical sensitivey? Is there a treatment for this?Please read follow up info.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 6 years ago.
This is not recognized by the mainstream.
But there are doctors that recognized this very well and do treat it.
They are called functional medicine MDs and they are trained in detox, desensitization, and addressing the underlying problems in the system
see and go to the find a practitioner link.

You can also call the following
www.aaemonline which will have a membership of environmental medicine MDs and see if you can find an allergist who is a member of this group.
good luck

Let me know if you have further questions

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I don't feel that you haqve helped me any, I have already gone where you are suggesting. I thought a neurologist was going to answer my question.

My condition is severe and none but my plumonary/lung docter has ever tried to help, even the allergist don't know. Thank you.

There is a web site through NORD that you may educate yourself about Multiple Chemical Sensevity.

Expert:  Dr-Camp replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thanks for posting your question. I am Dr. Camp and am happy to help you with this issue. There are a number of very good physicians, MD, DO and ND (who have recently been classified alongside MD and DO as physicians by the US Government Department of Labor) who are knowledgeable about and treat people with Multiple Chemical Sensitvities. I am very happy to help you find someone trained in and successful in treating this condition.

Tell me what part of the country you live in and if you have a preference for a particular type of doctor. If you are not sure about what each doctor can offer, here is a brief synopsis:

MD - main tool is often pharmaceutical intervention however, more and more MDs are acquiring training in the use of diet, supplements, homeopathy and other therapies to use along with pharmaceuticals. The pharmaceuticals are used according to allopathic philosophy - manage the symptoms of disease.

DO - in addition to pharmaceutical training, DOs are trained to correct the musculo-skeletal imbalances within the body - the original philosophy was that incorrect form in the body led to symptoms of disease. Many DOs add holistic training that includes diet, supplements, homeopathy, etc.

ND - in addition to pharmaceutical training, NDs like DOs also learn the importance of and how to adjust the musculo-skeletal imbalances. The focus of an NDs training is to identify the root cause of illness and then use the least invasive tool to correct that cause and help restore the body to health. While NDs are trained in the use of pharmacy and have prescription rights in states that currently license NDs, they rarely use pharmaceuticals as they are usually not needed to restore health. Instead they use therapies such as nutrition, herbal medicine, supplements, physical medicine (similar to chiropractic and osteopathic), homeopathy, mind-body medicine, acupuncture, environmental medicine (detox, chemical sensitivities, heavy metal toxicity, etc.).

It is not impossible to find an MD or DO who has gone on to get the training of an ND, but they are few and far between. If you would like an MD or DO with this extra training, I can find you one but you may have to travel to see them....

It is up to you - I can help you locate any one of the three types of doctors - and of course, the most important aspect will be their successful history of dealing with multiple chemical sensitivity!

Dr. Camp

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I live near Pensacola, Fl.I see a chiropractic but can't afford to see him but once a month. If there is a specialist in this area, i would appreciate the information. I don't care what his title is as long as he doesn't say, "Oh, she's having an attack".

T allergic reaction starts with strutting, severve muscle spasms and I can't walk or communicate, in other word my entire functional parts of the body shuts downs. Mt blood press and heart rate raises, usually if someone will get me out of the envirnoment I will recover, sometime a few hours or it could be days. There are few stores I can go in,except for just about five minutes. I have come to you people as a last resort.

Thank you


Expert:  Dr-Camp replied 6 years ago.
Let me do some looking and I will let you know.
Expert:  Dr-Camp replied 6 years ago.

Hi and sorry for the delay -

The closest person to you that I could find is just to east, and she is an ND who went to Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine, a school with an outstanding environmental medicine program. She works from a chiropractors office.

Here is their contact information, her name is*****

Bluewater Chiropractic Wellness Center
4400 Hwy 20 E. Suite 207
Niceville, FL 32578

Phone:(###) ###-####

Link to her profile:

You have to scroll down the page as the chiropractor is listed first...

Good luck and take care!!!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I will contact you a little later Thank you
Expert:  Dr-Camp replied 6 years ago.

That's ok, no need to contact me back. I just hope I was able to help!

take care.