Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I have recently been having a lot of problems with my

Customer Question
stomach. I have been having...
I have recently been having a lot of problems with my stomach. I have been having diarrhea a lot but mostly right after I eat followed by really sharp pains in my stomach and was wondering what it could be. I had my galbladdder removed in 2007 but dont think that would cause any problem.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/1/2011
Health Professional: DrRussMD, Doctor (MD) replied 6 years ago
DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
hello
any other problems?
Not really a lot of people say I have lost a big amount of weight and constant headaches but nothing else really outside the normal
Any bowel problems in the family?
none that I know of and its mostly right after I eat as soon as I eat something im in the bathroom
Ok
This is most likely irritable bowel
It can also be post cholecystectomy syndrome that happens to 15% of people who have their gall bladder out.
The conditions should initially be treated the same which is with a therapeutic diet.
Tell me what you eat at each meal typically
well my diet verys a lot and most the time everything I eat has hamburger. In the morning I will eat an egg sandwich but other then that its mostly hamburgers.
This is what is causing your problem...and is deadly as well.
The nutrient dense, anti-inflammatory bowel stabilizing diet is what you need to do for a while..or as close to it as you can get...probably getting half way there in your case is going to take care of the problem.
Here is it in its best form

The diet, in order of preference in quantity, should look like this
leafy greens
green veggies
other veggies
whole fruit, beans and peas
Whole grains no yeasted breads, dry cereals or anything refined
Seeds and nuts, but cut out seeds if you have any diverticulosis.
A little tofu or tempeh daily
A little high quality soy or coconut milk yogurt

The soluble fiber in this strategy will stabilized colon function in about 6 to 8 weeks, then about 2 or three helpings of animal foods a week, preferably fish, can be added back.
See the book Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, for instructions on this type of diet.

Good luck

Let me know if you have further questions

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.

DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)