Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

When my arm falls asleep i fall sometimes and my hand lock

why is this is it...
when my arm falls asleep i fall sometimes and my hand lock why is this is it something to worry about.
10/1/2011
Dr.Tiwari
Dr.Tiwari, Doctor.
Dr.Tiwari :

Dr.Tiwari :

When does this happens?

Dr.Tiwari :

Is there any special posture related with it?

Customer:

not sure one time sitting one time standing my arm falls asleep and my hand locks for a mnute and then i fall only happened twice though

Customer:

the arm goes numb and so far only right hand

Dr.Tiwari :

If you are having loss of power & fell down then you should get it checked from your physician.

Dr.Tiwari :

You may need some investigations like CT/MRI of brain to rule out any abnormality.

Customer:

k i will but what you think it is it happens only once in awhile

Customer:

is it serious

Dr.Tiwari :

The loss of power should not be there.

Customer:

ok

Dr.Tiwari :

It should be evaluated.

Dr.Tiwari :

Hope this will help you.

Customer:

its ok when i fall asleep but then my arm closes and that when it happens

Customer:

i only fall for like a second and then get back up

Dr.Tiwari :

Did you fall after standing ( after a long time of sitting or lying)?

Customer:

no

Customer:

i am sorry yes

Customer:

the one time i was sleeping got up then was getting ready to take a shower the other time sitting for a little while

Customer:

i am only 26

Dr.Tiwari :

Then this may be due to sudden pooling down of blood in legs.

Customer:

years old

Dr.Tiwari :

In that case you should not worry.

Customer:

thats what i think but still get it check out right

Customer:

k cool

Dr.Tiwari :

But keep a check on this.

Dr.Tiwari :

If it occurs frequently then please consult to your physician.

Customer:

it only happened twice and it was two weeks since happening that why i think its not serious what you think

Dr.Tiwari :

If it is occurring frequently then get it checked.

Customer:

it only happen when my arm falls when my arm falls asleep

Customer:

but its not so far

Dr.Tiwari :

This needs investigation to rule out the cause.

Customer:

k cool

Dr.Tiwari :

Hope this will help you.

Dr.Tiwari :

If you are satisfied with my answer then please PRESS GREEN ACCEPT.

it only happen when my arm falls asleep so that why i think its not serious
Arm does not bear the weight of limb,the associated weakness in the limb which lead to fall should be evaluated.
k i will but it only happens when arm falls asleep and not ding anything
I am sorry but my answer is same & it will be best for you..
i am on a pill for TB called isoniazed could this cause it
With isoniazid you should also take vitamin b complex,with this information i feel the fall may also be there due to general weakness.
Hope this will help you.
k i do not really need this pill it was just to limit my chance of TB from 10 percent to one percent i will stop taking this. I noticed this happeneing when i started taking the pill.
If your doctor has prescribed it to you,then you should not quit from it without his advice.This drug is not prescribed with out reasons.This is for your safety.
Dr.Tiwari
Dr.Tiwari, Doctor.
Dr.Tiwari
Dr.Tiwari
Dr.Tiwari, Doctor.