Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

How can I get rid of vertical ridges in my fingernails?

Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 6 years ago.
Hello
Welcome to the Just Answer Website.Vertical nail ridges are fairly common and nothing to worry about. As we grow older, the levels of natural oil and moisture goes on declining in our nail plates and this effect becomes apparent. So these ridges generally become prominent with growing age.Although the exact cause of such ridging isn't known, heredity may play a role
Keep the cuticles and nails moisturized using a hand lotion. You can use the oils containing vitamin E or jojoba regularly for the ridges.Eat healthy & nutrious diet.Drink plenty of water.Use gloves to prevent your hands to come in contact with any chemicals.All this will help you greatly & slowly your ridges will start to decrease.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.
Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.
Regards-
Dr.Charles
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I do most of that already. Would taking Fish Oil help?
healthy fats derived from nuts and fish is best for you.Mineral supplement along with Essential Fatty Acids, (high quality fish oil capsules, etc.)will be beneficial.
Also silica rich foods will help greatly like - onions, celery, cucumbers, barley, oats, root vegetables, slippery elm powder, green leafy vegetables and cereals.
Also please don't forget to click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.
Regards-
Dr.Charles