Charogat
Charogat, Doctor
Experience:  Licensed in both NYS and NJ with experience in surgery and medicine.
16403115

My dad was diagnosed with kidney failure a couple of years

Customer Question

My dad was diagnosed with kidney failure a couple of years ago. He was on hemodialysis and recently switched to perotineal dialysis over a year ago. Recently, it seems like some food he can not keep down and keeps throwing it back up. He has been a little bloated, and when he does his drains, he says not that much comes off from him, but his stomach is 3x bigger than normal. He has also been complaing of rectal pain and had blood when he wipped one time. He says he thinks it is a hemorroid. He also has a weakend heart. For the vomiting and hemorroidal blood symptoms does he need to go to the ER or can it wait for a regular doctors visit? thank you
Category: Health
Expert:  Charogat replied 5 years ago.
Charogat :

hi#

Charogat :

Hi, and thank you for coming to JustAnswer.com with your question.

Charogat :

The vomiting when he eats only certain things can wait for a doctors visit, and the blood, depending on the quantity might be able to wait or might not.

Charogat :

Either way, considering that he is obviously having problems with his dialysis he should go see his doctor right away (ie tomorrow).

Charogat :

If he starts having any symptoms like shortness of breath that would be an indication to go to the ER immediately.

Charogat :

G-d Bless

Charogat :

end#

Charogat :

If you have any follow-up questions for me please feel free to ask them.

Charogat :

________________________

Charogat :

If you are satisfied with the doctor's answer please click 'accept' so that she can be paid. BONUSES and POSITIVE FEEDBACK are not expected, but are always appreciated.