Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Family Physician, practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States
20297917

Dr abby, do you know when I noticed the pink red

dr abby,
do you know when I noticed the pink red flecks...when they started was a year and a half ago when I went to Mexico and became very ill (digestive) and my doc seems to think I caught some kind of infection or hep A, and since then my bowels havent quite digested properly..could that make sense as to the change in my movements
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 6 years ago.
Roxy,
Back then, it could have been blood causing the flecks. Some cases of travelers diarrhea do involve blood.
Traveler's diarrhea and/or hepatitis A should not cause a permanent change in your stool, though.
I still think you may have irritable bowel syndrome which does cause alternating diarrhea,constipation, cramping, etc.
Dr Abby