Help4Health
Help4Health, Registered Nurse
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
6761470

Including vitamins, minerals and herbs, etc...as of the

Including vitamins, minerals and herbs, etc...as of the latest date you can find...what is the retail dollar volume of nutritional supplements sold in the U.S.? This should not include food.

Thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important health question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance as I answer your question.

1. I am a registered nurse with nutrition experience. I will be glad to try and answer your question. I hope that the following information will be helpful to you, but please just write back if you have any follow-up questions or need clarification on anything after reviewing the following information.
  2. "Including vitamins, minerals and herbs, etc...as of the latest date you can find...what is the retail dollar volume of nutritional supplements sold in the U.S.?" Excluding food, and using the parameters you provided (vitamins, minerals, herbal preparations, etc.), the most recent and reliable figure I have seen is $25 USD billion ($25,000,000,000). SOURCE: Ipsos-Public Affairs for the Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN), Washington, D.C.
  3. I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to write back if needed. I shall be signing off soon to attend to some other professional obligations. Please rest assured, however, that I will be sure to check for any updated posts from you when I return to this online forum. I hope all works out.

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no nurse-patient relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., RN, BSN, MSN/FNP/APRN Candidate. You should always consult in person with a licensed, practicing health care professional of an applicable discipline/specialty in your state.