Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I am having prostate biopsy this friday,i know there are

Customer Question
drugs not to take, so...
i am having prostate biopsy this friday,i know there are drugs not to take, so i have taken colgout, swisse herbal sleeping tablets, ginseng to settle stomach and 1 .5 stillnox tablets previous 2 nites,should i not have proceedure , will i be affected by drugs to knock me out
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/1/2011
Health Professional: Dr.Tiwari, Doctor. replied 6 years ago
Dr.Tiwari
Dr.Tiwari, Doctor.
Dr.Tiwari :

Dr.Tiwari :

Welcome at JA.

Dr.Tiwari :

Taking prostate biopsy is an invasive procedure.

Dr.Tiwari :

You should stop those medicines or not take any medicine which decreases the cogulability of blood .

Dr.Tiwari :

If you have taken the colgout & these medicines since last long time then you should wait for few days for biopsy.

Customer:

o

Customer:

u

Customer:

i

Dr.Tiwari :

The colgout may lead to thrombocytopenis which may increase the bleeding risk.

Customer:

should i not have proceedure until drugs out of system and how long

Dr.Tiwari :

Colchicine remains in the system for more then the 3-5 days.

Dr.Tiwari :

So it is better to avoid the procedure for a week.

Customer:

need answer

Dr.Tiwari :

Please discuss this with your surgeon.It is better to let him know about all medicines which you are taking.

Dr.Tiwari :

I hope you have received the answer.

Customer:

what about other drugs

Dr.Tiwari :

The colchicine is longest to stay in system in comparison to other drugs.

Customer:

maybe

Dr.Tiwari :

The ginseng is absorbed early in system ,

Customer:

ok what about stillnox

Dr.Tiwari :

& metabolised through the liver.

Dr.Tiwari :

The stillnox contains the zolpidem

Customer:

stillnox?

Dr.Tiwari :

The half life of it is about 3 hours.

Dr.Tiwari :

It remains in the system for less time ,for about a day.

Customer:

and

Dr.Tiwari :

The remnant then have less effect ,as they are in minimum quantity.

Customer:

ok

Dr.Tiwari :

Hope this all will help you.

Dr.Tiwari :

If you are satisfied with my answer then please PRESS GREEN ACCEPT.

Customer:

colgout 14 tablets taken over last weekend and monday my system emptied

Dr.Tiwari :

Then you should wait.

Customer:

is this enough time to still have op

Dr.Tiwari :

Give a gap of about a week after your last dose of colgout.

Customer:

longer than 5 days

Dr.Tiwari :

Then biopsy can be attempted.

Customer:

ok thanks you fillin gaps will ring surgeon tommorrow

Dr.Tiwari :

Are you there?

Dr.Tiwari :

Welcome.

Customer:

yes thankyou

Dr.Tiwari :

Wish you a happy & healthy life.

Dr.Tiwari
Dr.Tiwari, Doctor.
Dr.Tiwari
Dr.Tiwari
Dr.Tiwari, Doctor.