911Doctor
911Doctor, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Emergency Physician
19155615

excited by the smell and look of fecal matter

I am very excited by the smell and look of fecal matter. When I enter a public restroom, I hope that someone has left their waste in the toilet.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,

I assume there is a question here and I assume it has to do with you recognizing this as an abnormal thing.

How can I help?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is there some type of treatment for this or is it something I just have to live with?

How long have you had this reaction? Do you have any inkling of what may have started it? An event in your life or childhood? Have you consulted a psychologist about this?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I've had for a long time - as long as I can remember. I have no idea what started it and have never discussed it with anyone.
have you ever got into trouble with the law because of this?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No.

okay,

this is a 'best guess' answer, the best i can do online.

you should set yourself up to see a psychologist, not a psychiatrist, and when you do, you want to be sure to find one that does something called COGNITIVE BEHAVIORAL THERAPY, a technique that will allow you, over time, to knock this down and control it so you do NOT get to the point of running into trouble with the law.

i believe what you have is called COPROPHILIA, you can find it in this link here on a group of disorders called PARAPHILIAS.

i think you will see when you read this why i say what i do about your issue. i think you are wise to ask about it and would be even wiser to seek treatment to minimize or eliminate it as it could get you in trouble if it gets worse or increases.

that being said, it appears to be rather benign, if strange, and you have INSIGHT, which is great... meaning you recognize it as being out of the norm. this is a very good thing.

I am standing by if you have any questions.

best