Nurse Mandy
Nurse Mandy, Nurse
Experience:  LPN since 2000. Experience in Orthopedics, Dermatology, Cardiology & Ear Nose and Throat
8050997

I have been taking Hydrocodone 7.5for migraines for 1-2

Customer Question

I have been taking Hydrocodone 7.5for migraines for 1-2 years. I have seen a neurologist who also prescribed Verapimil and considered BOTOX tx but my insurance denied all claims with him and paid nothing so he suggested I find another neurologist.. I don't have a new neurologist yet and PCP will no longer treat headaches after treating them for a year and then sending me to a neurolosist. My headaches are daily and debilitating and the Hydrocodone is the only medicine our of many tried (i.e Imitrex, Maxalt, Robaxin, Skelaxin, Flexeril, Mobic, Topomax, Depakote, etc...). Can you help me?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 6 years ago.
Are you looking for an online prescription for hydrocodone or would you like some other treatment?
Expert:  Nurse Mandy replied 6 years ago.

My name is***** you for using Just Answer.

Have you had a MRI of your brain to rule out any possible causes of the headaches?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Since I know hydrocodone helps I am requesting it but I am also going to follow up with a neurologist once I get my insurance straightened out. But I am requesting a prescription for the hydrocodone.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Mandy,
The neurologist I saw did not recommend the MRI and I have not had one in the past.

Unfortunately no one can prescribe you hydrocodone over the internet. It is illegal to prescribe medications to someone that is not your established patient and that you have not examined. With that said, since your PCP will not treat you go to a walk in clinic or urgent care clinic and see if they can give you a prescription that will last until you see the neurologist. They may also be able to give you an injection of pain medicine that can ease your headache for the day. A last attempt would be to go to your local ER.

Sorry that no one can give you a prescription online. Hope you get some answers soon and get relief!!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do you have any other treatment recommedations?

You should have a MRI once your insurance gets straightened out.

Other then that you can take 600mg of ibuprofen three times a day with food or you can alternate ibuprofen 200mg with Tylenol 500mg four times a day.

The only other thing you can do is go to a walk in clinic or the ER, they may be able to give you an injection of toradol and a prescription for a few pills of hydrocodone.

Good luck and feel better soon.