How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 64934
Experience:  Practice Director
Type Your Health Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother of 78 years of age has very bad feet problem. she

Resolved Question:

My mother of 78 years of age has very bad feet problem. she is not diabetic but her feet have been developing blisters on her feet they itch then they start pealing hide off her feet. Her feet are so bad that on heels of her feet she is down to the meaty blood stag. She bandages them up when she takes them off it looks like yellow puss leaked on them . She has been to 3 doctors trying to figure out what the problem is to no answer. She has had pulse checked in her feet and it is there. They do heal in time with scares all over her feet. Within a month it starts all over again. We do foot bath every other day with epson salt seems to help little
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 6 years ago.
What is your question at this point?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What is it and how do we treat it
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 6 years ago.
We do not diagnosis on the site, and you can not diagnose without visual, and biopsy.
The dermatologist needs to spend one of these lesions to the lab if they can not tell what it is.
it could be
dyshidrotic which case a very strong steroid cream would be needed..prescription. sounds like this is what the one doc was considering..and this would require even an oral steroid treatment or if that did not work another immune modulating drug.

Anti fungals will not help either of these conditions...unless it is a fungus but the lab can tell.

So have the dermatologist send some of the skin..a punch biopsy to the lab for analysis and this will help tell what treatment is needed.
good luck

Let me know if you have further questions

Please click accept to give answer credit and compensation. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.

DrRussMD and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you