Dr.  RK
Dr. RK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice
14180959

Is it common to recieve orders to take daily asprin in a

Customer Question

is it common to recieve orders to take daily asprin in a person with angina already on ntg as needed and daily 400 mg toprol-xl also on lipitor for high cholesterol
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 6 years ago.
Dear customer,

what is the dose of aspirin you are taking?
do you also have high blood pressure?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

325 mg a day of asprin although have high bp the toprol is controlling it decently 128/81 last time I checked it I monitor at home and it was the same at the dr. appointment

Expert:  Dr. RK replied 6 years ago.
Dear customer,

The aspirin is prescribed daily to the cardiac petient as the blood thinner.It decrease the chaces of myocardial ischameia as the blood becomes thinner.

The high blood pressure and serum cholesterol should also be controlled.

Let me know if you have any doubt
.

Thank you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the 400 mg of toprol-xl a day is controlling the bp to the numbers I listed am I at target level what is target bp in my situation (No diabetes no renal disease and low ejection fraction that improved when b-blocker was given
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 6 years ago.
Dear customer,

The blood pressure vary from person to person.It increases with age due to the atheroscelerotic changes.

The high normal bp ranges upto 140 /90 and it should be less than it for the normal individuals.

For you the bp of 128/81 is within the normal acceptable target range and you should not worry.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Why would my heart function have improved after going on 400 mg of toprol is it related to the bp reduction or other mechanisms
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 6 years ago.
Dear customer,

The cardioselective betablockers help improve the cardiac function by controlling the heart rate. It acts by decreasing the heart rate and improvng systolic function.

here is the link for more information

clinical pharmacology

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you