How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 34685
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi! I recently had a CT Scan and because I was on a heart

Resolved Question:

I recently had a CT Scan and because I was on a heart medication called Cordarone because of an irregular heartbeat I have been told that my lungs have been compromised - I was also told that shots of Penicillin would help - I live in Canada and because of my age I am 73 I do not qualify - I am wondering if I went to a clinic in the USA and paid for the shots if they truly would be the answer if it is an answer for me.

Please get back to me
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 6 years ago.

I am not sure, if penicillin was advised to you or prednisone. Prednisone is used to treat drug induced lung damage. Prednisone has some significant side effects and thus should be used with high caution in your age. But it can be given to you for the treatment. Prednisone can be given orally. You may talk to your GP or lung specialist about it.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.


I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.


Dr. Arun
Dr. Arun Phophalia and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you

Related Health Questions