How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask drknowsbest Your Own Question
drknowsbest, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 1496
Experience:  DO board certified family practitioner spec. in womens health
Type Your Health Question Here...
drknowsbest is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Sometimes when I bend over or try to do my sit ups, I will

Customer Question

Sometimes when I bend over or try to do my sit ups, I will get a charlie horse like cramp On the right side of my upper adomen just under my breast. When I sit up straight and relax I can feel the cramp disipate after awhile and it feels like something is moving back into a hole? I have had xrays, and cat scan but nothing showed up. One of the doctors said it is possibly a fat roll connected to a muscle and just cramps. I don't agree with that and am concern because this started around a year ago but am not sure what test, procedure to have the doctors perform to see what it is. Should I have it investigated more or ignore it?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  drknowsbest replied 6 years ago.
drknowsbest :

something in that area that would not show on xray or ct well would be gallbladder problems-if you have a gallbladder still (have not had it removed) have you had an ultrasound?

drknowsbest :

another better test for gallbladder function is a hida scan-this pain would be located there and come and go-a final option would be to make sure you do not have a hiatal hernia (can slide in and out of the diaphragm with position) this would be only seen with an EGD (scope down the esophagus)-i would see a gastroenterologist and discuss these possibilities to be sure

drknowsbest :

-i have not heard of the diagnosis you got and i would have what i suggested ruled out before resting on that conclusion

drknowsbest and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  drknowsbest replied 6 years ago.

i see you are offline so i switched to old fashioned mode

please accept if no more questions

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My gallbladder wasn't mentioned from any of the 2 doctors I saw! I do have a hiatal hernia but the gastroenterologist said it wasn't that, [he is the one who suggested the fat cramp]. I didn't go back to him after that statement because I have no trust in him. I will have my primary do a gall bladder functioning test, thanks so much!
Expert:  drknowsbest replied 6 years ago.
sure-please accept if no more questions