Valarie
Valarie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  36+ yrs exprience medical, surgical, wound/skin care, nutrition, geriatrics, rehab, management
16698619

PTSD), then I nearly died in a sexual assault 4 1/2 years

are there groups for people, for women who have had trauma, for me it was sexual abuse and emotional abuse growing up, i've been in and am in therapy, but then became bedbound by fibromyalgia (and the PTSD), then I nearly died in a sexual assault 4 1/2 years ago which i am just beginning to 'feel' my way out of.
but i don't know anyone who has been debilitated so long (more than a decade)
and deeply as I have been, personally.
i am starting to talk more with friends. am in a distance grad program for spiritual healing. but have so much anxiety and resistance to life at home, where i live alone, that i thought i'd try to find out if there are internet/tele-support groups especially that cost or don't cost but might be monitored...i'm 48 years old. not married. no children.

Andy4712 :

Yes. The YWCA has support groups. Here is some information:

Andy4712 :

http://www.ywcatoronto.org/page.asp?pid=65

Andy4712 :

If you provide the information on where you live, then maybe I can find specific information. Thanks

Andy4712,
Experience: 
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Andy I did go thru their rape group...i guess i should be more clear. i want to connect more thru home via internet....blog or such..but and generally learn or learn how to search for
resources myself that are on line or other potential groups online or in the area, not just sexual assault related. would you have an idea of how to search for support on the internet as i described? thank you! leila

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer with your question, and welcome.

To search for any support group, just enter "support groups for" and then whatever you want the support for (eg: fibromyalgia, PTSD, abuse, etc). You can also enter in the area (State, city) you want to search in, or just enter "online".

Here is a good website for information about many conditions that can also help, and most have a section called "Self help and Support" which may give you some ideas:

HelpGuide.org

Valarie, Nurse (RN)
Experience: 36+ yrs exprience medical, surgical, wound/skin care, nutrition, geriatrics, rehab, management