Julia Kizhner
Julia Kizhner, Physician Assistant
Experience:  7 years experience working in Primary Care as well as Gastroenterology, Sleep Medicine & Weight Loss
23717712

Had a fall-landed on my face,scraped the side of my left eye

had a fall-landed on my face,scraped the side of my left eye on carpet. has been swollen for 3 days now-can`t get the swelling to go down. also-what should I use to help speed along the rug burn Thx
Category: Health
Expert:  Julia Kizhner replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

I am so sorry you have been waiting for an answer for so long. It seems that your question was placed in the wrong category and was only recently transferred to the health category.

To reduce swelling you need to apply ice pack. Ice is one of the best anti-inflammatories. Besides ice, I would not recommend you use anything for the swelling. It will go down on its own.

To help the rug burn you can use a couple of things...you can use a produce called ound Be Gone which promotes skin healing. You can also use small amount of A&D ointment which is a very gentle ointment and helps with skin healing as well.

I hope you find this information helpful. Please feel free to follow-up with any other questions you might have. Again, I apologize for a long wait in receiving an answer.

If you are satisfied with the answer, please do click 'Accept' button so that I may get credit for my work.

Best wishes and good luck,

Julia