Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
2598649

What is the best way to hydrate myself if I'm severely

What is the best way to hydrate myself if I'm severely dehydrated other than going to the hospital? What is the best way to detoxify my body?
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 6 years ago.
If the patient is able to hold the fluids orally ,( there is no vomiting) oral rehydration therapy should be considered including oral rehydration solutions like pedialyte or sports drink like gatorade .
If the patient is unable to take fluids orally the patient may be shifted to the hospital for I.V fluids ASAP .
Regarding detoxification of body i would suggest you to try breathing exercises called pranayam .

Secondly drink plenty of water .
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
gatorade is going to be enough by itself to rehydrate someone? and im looking for a full body detoxifier a home remedy to help clean the intestines and empty the bowels.
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 6 years ago.
Well first of all you need to make sure that your body is back to normal (From bout of dehydration) before trying to detoxify by purgation .
If the patient is able to hold the fluids orally usually there is no need for I.V fluids and the lost fluid can be replenished .
Secondly you can try triphala for detoxification .
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what is triphala?
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 6 years ago.
It is a herbal powder prepared from three fruits .( Indian Gooseberry, Chebulic Myrobalan and Bellirica Myrobalan.)